Are you looking for activate roku tv without credit card, you have reached best article. Today we will share how to activate roku account without credit card and set up roku tv without internet connection for our readers.
Roku is a brand of hardware digital media players manufactured by American company Roku, Inc. They offer access to streaming media content from various online services. The first Roku model was introduced in May 2008 and it was developed in collaboration with Netflix. Roku provides the simplest way to stream entertainment to your TV. With more channels than any other streaming player.
Without Roku account, you can do nothing with Roku. A free Roku account personalizes your experience across your Roku streaming devices. By creating an account you can link devices, download channels from the Roku Channel Store, and synchronize channels across multiple devices.
Note : Roku never charges any fees for creating a Roku account.
How to Activate Roku TV Without Credit Card
Roku TV activation process has four steps. They are,
- Setting Up
- Activating Account.
- Connecting Roku or other devices.
Now, we’ll explain above four steps in clear. Let’s go..
Step – 1 : Set Up Roku TV
In first step, we’ll unboxing roku tv and pre set up roku tv. To do this,
- Roku TV box contains roku tv and remote control with a pair of proper sized batteries. Firstly, insert battery into the remote control.
- Plug into the power. Power ON. You can see the power indicator light below the Roku tv screen. It should be ON.
- Press power button on the Roku TV remote control. Now the Roku TV screen will ON.
- Now your Roku TV screen shows you to choose your preferred language. Scroll up and down and “select language” then, press “OK” button.
- Select your country to access all the features available in your country.
- Choose the usage of your TV. Unless you are setting up your Roku TV for use as a store display, select Set up for home use.
Step – 2 : Installing Your Roku TV
- In step 2, connect your device with your internet connection by selecting “Wireless”. Your Roku TV shows you a list of available networks.
- If you don’t see your network, select “Scan again”, then choose your network and enter your Wi-Fi password.
- After, you enter your password and select “Connect”, your Roku TV will automatically connect to your network and the internet.
- When your Roku TV connected to the internet, it will download the latest version of Roku OS software and then reboot.
Step – 3 : Activate Roku TV
As we told you first, without Roku account you can do nothing with Roku TV. To activate your Roku TV, it must be linked to a Roku account. Your Roku account stores information on which devices you own, and which channels you have installed, as well as your preferences and settings.
- If your tv display ask you to enter your email id, type your email id then go to your email inbox using your smart phone, tablets or laptop. Open the email, then click on activation link.
Note : You must complete all the instructions on the roku website before going back to your Roku device. Otherwise your Roku device will not be activated.
- You can create roku account for free. Go to Roku official website to create new Roku account or sign in to Roku account.
Note : There is never charge to create a Roku account.
- Once you created a roku account, click on “Activate a Device” option at the top-right corner or click here to link your device or go to Go to Roku.com/Link using a PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Enter the link code displayed on your Roku TV. (After rebooting, your TV shows you a link code).
- Then, click “Submit” button.
Your Roku TV activation process is over. The next step shows you how to connect Roku streaming device or other devices to your roku tv.
Note : Roku does not charge you as an activation fee. Be aware of fraudulent websites.
Step – 4 : Connecting Roku or Other Devices
- Connect your devices such as roku device, cable box, game console, Blu-ray or DVD player etc, to the Roku TV.
- Plug in and turn on your connected device. All of your connected devices should be ON. Your Roku TV can detect certain kinds of devices.
- When Roku tv detected your device, press the OK button on Roku TV remote control, and then press it again to confirm that everything is plugged in and turned on.
- After a few seconds, the screen also displays a small window showing the program playing on the device connected to the input. Use the Up and Down arrow buttons to scroll through the list, and then press the OK button to make your selection.
- If you have connecting an antenna or a set-top box from a cable TV provider or satellite TV, you’ll most likely connect it to one of your TV’s HDMI inputs, and never need to use the Live TV input.
- The first time you select the Live TV tile on the Home screen, your TV prompts you to scan for channels. Just follow the instructions on the screen to complete this step, and then you’ll be able to watch your local broadcast or non-scrambled cable channels.
You are finished activate Roku TV process by doing above four steps. Now you are ready to start watching your favorite shows.
How to Activate Roku Streaming Devices Without Credit Card
In order to activate your Roku streaming player, it must be linked to a Roku account. It’s important to have a valid email address associated with your Roku account in order to manage your account and to receive important account notifications.
- Follow the steps in your Roku device Manual Guide and connect Roku streaming device to your TV.
- Complete the on-screen instructions to connect your Roku device to your home network and the internet.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Once connected to the internet, Roku may need to install some updates. Let it update and restart if needed.
- When updated complete, select “Enter your email address”.
- Type your email address when prompted to begin the activation process.
- After a few seconds, use your computer or smartphone to access your email inbox and locate the activation message you received from Roku. If you cannot find the message, be sure to check your spam (or junk) folder.
- Open the email message and click or tap the activation link to be directed to the Roku website or go to https://my.roku.com/link to activate your device.
- Follow the instructions on the Roku website to create a free Roku account, or if you already have login to your existing Roku account.
Note 1: When creating a new Roku account, you will be asked to provide a payment method. You can skip this part if you do not wish to add your payment information.
Note 2: You must complete all the instructions on the Roku website before going back to your Roku device. Otherwise your Roku device will not be activated.
Once you complete the activation process, any streaming channels you selected during the process will be downloaded and installed, and after a few moments your Roku device will be ready to use.
Once set up your Roku device you can add apps on Roku, so you can start streaming. I hope that this article is useful to set up roku tv and activate roku devices without credit card. You have face any issues on set up roku, please contact Roku customer support at 408-556-9391 at any time. If you have any questions on activate roku device, let us know via comment.
Thanks for reading..!!
Our Other Guides on Roku :