Do you want to have Kodi on Firestick or Amazon Fire tv? If yes, this article for you. Today we’ll share how to install Kodi on Firestick & get Kodi on amazon Fire tv for our readers.
When building the ultimate home theater system, all the hardware in the world can’t do you justice without some excellent software to go with it. If you’re looking for the best way to watch movies and TV shows, listen to music, and catch all of your favorite sports, Kodi is the app for you. It allows users to play and view most streaming media, such as videos, music, podcasts, and videos from the Internet, as well as all common digital media files from local and network storage media. Kodi streaming app blends in with various streaming devices, offering a whole new TV experience.
- How to Install Kodi on Firestick
- How to Install Kodi on Firestick Using Downloader
- How to Install Kodi on Fire TV Using ES File Explorer
- How to Install Kodi on Firestick/Amazon Fire TV from Apps2Fire
- How to Install Kodi on Firestick with AppStarter
- How Install Kodi on Firestick Using Laptop/PC
- How to Uninstall Kodi on Firestick/Fire TV
What is Kodi?
In the Kodi official page describes it’s own words,
Kodi is the ultimate entertainment center
Kodi is an extremely popular media player that allows you to access and stream your media files from a range of platforms. It allows for global streaming content such as Netflix, Hulu, Hotstar and more. There are thousands of entertaining content from sports, music, movies, TV series and live TV. It beats the traditional TV content by connecting the user with multinational streams at zero cost.
Kodi runs on pretty much any platform, including Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, iOS, macOS and tvOS.
Is Kodi Legal?
Yes, Kodi is a legal open-source media player and also it is safe to use. The selection of official Kodi add-ons for services such as ESPN or YouTube are legal, too. When you use the add-ons created by third-party developers is leads to risk because, the third-party addons try to provide premium content for free. It is risky but worth the fun; this makes Kodi illegal.
Note that It’s illegal if the users use unofficial Kodi addons.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick
Initially, Kodi was available on Firestick, but due to legal issues, Kodi is no longer available on the firestick app store. But that doesn’t mean you cannot install Kodi on firestick. Installing Kodi on a Fire TV or Fire TV Stick is quite easy. You don’t have to root your device, and you can complete the whole installation process within 10 minutes. There are several ways to get the app on your device, we explain 5 easiest way to install Kodi on Firestick or fire tv. They are,
- Using Downloader: simple, easy & fastest way.
- By ES File Explorer: Ideal if you plan to install other third-party apps.
- Using Apps2Fire: Perfect for remote installation from an Android device.
- Insatall Kodi on Firestick with AppStarter.
- Using PC or Laptop. How to Install Kodi 19.1 on FireStick.
Preparing to Install Kodi on Firestick And Fire TV
Before, you start install the downloader app, it is important to control your app installation permissions. To turn on unknown apps permission follow below instructions,
- Open your Firestick and then go to Settings.
- Scroll to the right and choose “Device” or “My Fire TV”.
- Then open “Developer Options”.
- Here, toggle on the “Allow apps from unknown sources” or “Install unknown apps” and the “ADB debugging” options. Then “Confirm”.
These options when turned off normally help protect you from malwares and infectious applications. We recommend you turn them off as soon as you are done with this installation process.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick Using Downloader
This is the easiest and fastest method for installing Kodi on Fire TV Stick. First of all you need downloader app to install kodi on firestick. Downloader is an amazing app and is available on the Amazon App Store for free. It makes the Kodi installation process very smooth and convenient.
- From your home screen, find the search icon.
- Search for “Downloader” and select then download.
- Click “Download”. how to setup kodi 2022.
- Select Open or Launch Downloader.
- If prompted, click “Allow”.
- Then press “OK” for developer notes.
- Once these process is done, you can find the downloader app on fire tv’s home screen. Go back to your fire tv home screen.
- Open Downloader app.
- On Downloader’s main page, select the URL bar and type the url https://kodi.tv/download/android and click “GO”. It will takes up you to a webpage of the Kodi app.
- It will be prompted to select the appropriate Android build from a list of available versions. This will depend on the version of your Firestick.
Note that, If you have the first generation Firestick, select the ARM version with the 32-bit label. For a later version of firestick, select the ARM 64-bit build. Also, among the “nightly” and “release” versions, select release as they are the more stable builds.
- Now the kodi apk file should start downloading. Downloader will present you with an installer pop up. Click “Install” on Kodi setup page.
- Now the kodi app is installing..
- Click “Done” once Kodi has been installed.
- Once the installation is complete, go back to the home screen and launch the Kodi app.
- Select “continue”. how to install kodi on firestick using es file explorer
- Click “Allow” and Kodi will begin to load.
- This is the Kodi’s home screen on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube. Now, you are ready to start streaming.
Also Try : Real Debrid On Kodi.
How to Install Kodi on Fire TV Using ES File Explorer
If for some reason the Downloader app doesn’t suit you, please try ES File Explorer to get kodi on fire tv/ firestick. It is easy to download and install Kodi with the help of ES File Explorer, it can cost you $9.99 a month because, ES File Explorer is free no more.
- Go to the firestick app store, download & Install the ES File Explorer if you haven’t before.
- Open the app. On the Left-Hand side select “tools”.
- Choose “Download Manager”.
- In the Download Manager, click the “+ new” button at the bottom of the menu.
- Enter the name of the Kodi version in the URL.
- In the Path field of the pop-up menu, type in https://tinyurl.com/yceglkxx, then put your preferred name for the APK file.
- Click “Download Now” in the pop-up menu.
- After downloading the Kodi apk file, choose “Open file” and then “Install” on the following prompt.
- After the file completes downloading, click Open file on the following window, and click Install twice to confirm the installation of Kodi on your Firestick.
- Select “Install” in the installation menu.
- Kodi is now installed. Select “Done” and back out to the main menu.
- You can launch Kodi from the Apps section of the main Fire TV menu.
Once Kodi is installed, click Done to go back to the ES File Explorer window and delete the APK file, so that you can free up the occupied storage space. Now you are ready to stream.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick/Amazon Fire TV from Apps2Fire
If you prefer to get Kodi from Google Play, and you have another Android device(a tablet or a smartphone) with access to Google Play lying around, you can use Apps2Fire to install Kodi on your Fire TV.
To install kodi on firestick without downloader,
- Go to Settings from Fire TV main menu.
- Choose System => About => Network.
- Note down the IP address of your Fire TV device.
- On your second Android device, download and install Apps2Fire from Google Play.
- On the same Android device, download and install the latest version of Kodi from Google Play.
- Launch the app and tap the menu icon (three dots) in the top right corner
- Select “Setup”
- Under IP address of your Fire TV, enter the IP address.
- Click “Save”.
- Select the menu icon (three dots) again and select “Upload Apps”.
- Tap “Kodi” under Local apps to upload it to your Fire TV. It should automatically install on your Fire TV.
Now it is ready to watch. You can launch Kodi from the Apps section of the Fire TV’s main menu.
How to Install Kodi on Firestick with AppStarter
AppStarter is an open-source app launcher for amazon Fire TV devices. You can use it to easily install the latest version of Kodi on Firestick/Amazon fire tv. Here’s how:
- In fire tv, turn on “Apps from Unknown Sources” in Settings as we did in the first method.
- Download & install the “Downloader app” from the App Store as we did in the first method.
- Open the “Downloader app”, on the Downloader’s Home page enter this URL bit.ly/appstarter-firetv and select “GO”.
- Select “Install”.
- Click “Open”.
- Select “Updates” then, click “Install”.
- When the download completed, select “install”.
- Click “Done”.
The Kodi installation is now done through AppStarter.
How Install Kodi on Firestick Using Laptop/PC
Note : Before installing Kodi on firestick/fire tv using this method, make sure your computer and firestick are connected to the same network.
To install kodi on Amazon Fire tv / Firestick,
- First of all, turn on “Apps from Unknown Source” as we did in the first method.
- On Firestick home, search for “File Commander”.
- Install the app and open it. install kodi on firestick using es explorer.
- Give permission by click “Allow”.
- Now, open the “PC file transfer” option on the left-hand side of the app’s home screen.
- After that, click “Start Service option“.
- Here you will see an IP Address and Port number that you need to enter into your PC/Laptop’s Web Browser. The IP Address will be something like that http://XX.X.X.XX:XXXX
- Enter that exact IP Address on any computer’s browser.
- After going to that IP Address, you will see the File Commander interface showing you storage directory of Firestick.
- Now, go to https://kodi.tv/download/android and download Kodi ARMV7A 32-bit or simply click here.
- Once you download the Kodi apk file, open the folder on file commander where you want to copy the apk file.
- Now simply drag and drop the apk file into Download Folder. You will see Uploading Status. Once it done, go back to firestick and Stop the Service.
- Now, using File Commander app or ES File Explorer on Firestick, go to Download Folder.
- Click on the copied kodi apk file and install Kodi on firestick.
That is how you can install Kodi on firestick using PC/laptop. First try to install Kodi on firestick using first 4 methods, if you find any problem installing Kodi on firestick while using first four methods, then use fifth method to install Kodi on firestick/firetv using PC/Laptop.
How to Uninstall Kodi on Firestick/Fire TV
If something goes wrong when installing or updating Kodi, or you want to perform a clean install, here’s how to uninstall Kodi on a Fire TV Stick:
- From the fire tv’s home screen, go to Settings > Applications > Manage installed applications.
- Scroll down and select “Kodi“.
- Select “Uninstall“
- Then, select “Uninstall” again to confirm.
These all are the efficient ways to install Kodi on Firestick/Amazon fire TV. Now time to choose a better method to get kodi on firestick that works for you. With kodi, it is possible to access a wide range of content, including films, sports, TV Shows, and gaming options. If you have any questions, just leave it in the comment box.
Thanks for Reading..!!! how to install kodi on firestick without downloader.