Are you looking for transfer photos from your iPhone, iPad to Mac or Computer? Now you are in exact place. Today we will share how to transfer photos from iphone to mac 2022 for our readers.
Photo transfer between two devices is needed in many situations. Because, storage for photos is limited on any device. So you may need to import your beautiful vacation photos and pictures of your lovely moments from your iPhone to a mac or your computer. Transferring iPhone photos and videos to your Mac or PC can save precious space on your mobile device.
Now, you are looking for a solution on how to import photos from iPhone to Mac? We explain the simple and easiest ways to transfer photos and video from an iPhone to a Mac. Here is the step-by-step tutorial on transfer your favourite photos and beautiful moments captured by your iPhone to your Mac or PC.
- How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to Mac
- How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to Mac with USB
- How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to Mac Wirelessly
- How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to PC Windows 10
How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to Mac
There are many ways to transfer your photos, videos from iPhone to a mac or laptop. In this part of this article we’ll see only the easiest ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Computer, with and without iCloud, for old and new operating systems.
How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to Mac with USB
The oldest and most common ways to transfer pictures from your iPhone to your Mac involve connecting your devices with a USB cable. But, it is depending on the app which you used on your mac. Now, we are going to share some apps and how to import photos from iPhone to Mac using that apps.
1. Using Finder App with MacOS Catalina (10.15) or Later
You can sync your iPhone with a Mac using Finder. Follow these steps to sync photos from your iPhone to your Mac,
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac with a USB cable.
- Open a new Finder window on your Mac.
- Click on your iPhone, you can see your iPhone under your devices in the sidebar.
- Tap Photos at the top of the window.
- Click on the Check box which one is before the “Sync Photos”.
- Choose the app or folder that you want to sync from.
- Choose to sync all photos and albums or just selected albums.
- Tap Apply.
2. Using Image Capture
- Connect your iPhone to a Mac or MacBook with a USB cable.
- Now your iPhone will ask “if you trust this computer”. If you do, trust the computer, otherwise your iPhone do not allow you to transfer files from iPhone to Mac with USB cable.
- Open “Image Capture” on your mac. The fastest way to open Image Capture, press “Command + Space” Bar to open the search bar and type “Image Capture”.
- Select your iPhone in the left side bar of the Image Capture app.
- At the bottom of the Image Capture app you can see “Import to”. Here you can choose the location where you want to save the photos.
- Tap the “import all” button. If you want to import some of your photos, you will need to manually select the photos and then click on the Import button.
- Now, your iPhone photos are backed up to your external drive.
3. Using AnyTrans App
Download and launch AnyTrans and ensure both your devices are connected to the same network.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac via USB cable.
- Click on “Device Manager” mode, and then choose the “Content to Mac” option.
- Uncheck the “Select All” box and check the photos you need to transfer.
- Tap the “Next” button to start transferring the selected photos to your Mac.
- Once it done, you can click the “View Files” button to check the transferred photos on your Mac.
How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to Mac Wirelessly
If you do not have an USB cable, luckily you have an option to transfer photos from iphone to mac without usb. Follow below methods to import photos from iPhone to mac without usb,
1. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Using AirDrop
The easiest way to transfer pictures from iPhone to Mac is to use AirDrop. If you need to move a fewer of your images to your Mac, using AirDrop is quite convenient, especially when you don’t have a USB cable available.
- Turn on AirDrop on both your iPhone and Mac.
Bonus Tips : To turn on AirDrop on iPhone, Go to Settings ⇒ General ⇒ Scroll to AirDrop ⇒ Set this to Everyone to send data via AirDrop to any device. To turn on AirDrop on your Mac, Open Finder ⇒ Select Go ⇒ AirDrop in the menu bar. Now, the AirDrop window shows nearby AirDrop users.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone and select the pics you want to transfer to transfer to your MacBook.
- Tap the “Share” button in the bottom-left corner. and choose “AirDrop” and wait till AirDrop finds your Mac and tap on it.
- Choose “Accept” on your Mac to receive the photos from your iOS device.
- Once your transfer completed, go to the “Downloads” folder to check the pictures.
With this method you can also transfer photos from iphone to macbook air.
2. How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to Mac Using iCloud
iCloud Photos is an Apple’s online photo storage service. When you activate iCloud Photos on your iPhone photos get stored in iCloud automatically. So, if you log in to same iCloud account on your iPhone and Mac, you can view and download them from your Mac.
Here is how to sync iPhone photos to Mac with iCloud,
- Click the Apple icon at the top left of the screen on your mac.
- Go to “System Preferences” and choose “iCloud”.
- Check the box next to the “iCloud Photo Library” (iCloud Photos in macOS Mojave).
- On your iPhone, open Settings and tap Photos.
- Then, ensure iCloud Photos is on.
- Now you can access your iCloud photo library on your iPhone and MacOS.
How to Transfer Photos From iPhone to PC Windows 10
You can import photos and videos from an iPhone to PC Windows 10, Follow below steps to transfer photos from an iPhone to your PC,
- Connect your iPhone to a PC with a USB cable.
- Turn your phone on and unlock it. Your PC can’t find the device if the device is locked.
- On your PC, select the Start button and then select “Photos” to open the Photos app.
- Select Import > From a USB device, then follow the instructions.
- Now, you can select photos and videos you want to import and locate where to save them.
- Allow a few moments for detection and transfer.
Make sure the photos you want to import are actually on the device rather than in the cloud. Then, follow the above steps to transfer photos.
Also Read :
- How to Get Free Apple Music Forever.
- Remove Apple ID From iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc.
- Find Wi-Fi Password on iPhone, MacOS, iPad.
- Change Your Apple ID on iPhone or iPad.
Lastly, we hope that you enjoyed while reading this article and getting the answer for your questions how do i transfer photos from iphone to mac computer, how to get photos from iPhone to mac, can i transfer photos from iphone to mac wirelessly.