Updated on 03, May 2021.
How to delete a Reddit account ? How close does your Reddit account? Reddit is a platform little known in France, but the community to share many content online. Each user can send links and vote for messages and comments made by members of the social network. Do you wish to unsubscribe from Reddit? Discover the method to follow to permanently delete your Reddit account and all comments.
- How to delete a Reddit account?
- How to Delete Reddit Account on Mac, PC via Browser
- How to delete Reddit account on App
- How to Delete Reddit Account on Mobile Phone
- Delete Reddit Account on Link
What is Reddit ?
Before the youtubers were the blogs, and before the blogs, the forums dominated the Network. Although many have not managed to survive, there are some that remain at the bottom of the canyon. If you do not know what Reddit is or what it consists of , we’ll tell you.
Although it can not be described exactly as a forum , it can not be included in another category either.
The Reddit platform has changed hands a lot . It was created in June 2005 by Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian , with the help of an investment from Y Combinator. In November of that same year Aaron Swartz came into play , who agreed to own Reddit by merging it on his own Infogami site. A year later the publisher Conde Nast acquired the portal, and shortly after that, Swartz was fired.
Why delete your Reddit account?
Social bookmarking sites such as Reddit have increasingly difficult to fight against the monopoly of social networks. In fact, Internet users no longer consume the content in the way and discussion forums, bookmarking sites and even blogs themselves are becoming less popular. Community platforms such as Reddit attract users looking for quality content or even information that can make a buzz. This is usually passionate members. That departs from the definition of modern Internet users.
Unfortunately for Reddit, the time spent on social networks by Internet users continues to grow at the expense of the community platform. Therefore, only fewer members connect to Reddit or find useful bookmarking services. You do not want to use Reddit ? Learn how to delete your account easily.
How to delete a Reddit account?
How to delete Reddit account permanently? Is there any way? Yes, there is a way. It is possible to delete your Reddit account permanently at any time with your username and password.
Before Deleting Your Reddit Account, You Should Know Deactivating Reddit Account Delete The Posts Too?
No, you can delete only your username from your posts and comments available on Reddit. But your posts are not removed. If you want to delete your particular post, you should remove it before deleting your account. Once, you deactivate or delete your account, you can’t have any option to delete any of your posts.
How To Delete Reddit Post?
You can delete a your Reddit post by following these easy steps:
- Go to the Reddit official website by click here( reddit.com )
- Login to your Reddit account by enter your login details username and password.
- Tap on your username visible at the top right corner of the home page.
- Click on the “My Profile” option from the drop-down menu. now you will see all your posts available on the screen.
5. Click on the three dots under your post which one you want to delete.
6. To delete the post click the “Delete” button from the drop-down menu.
This steps will delete your post permanently from the Reddit platform.
How to Delete Reddit Account on Mac, PC via Browser
The closing process via browser is very simple to do and can be found in the “Preferences” tab. If problems occur when closing your Reddit profile, the administrators of the platform can help you, but they do not have access to your personal data. These are the steps to completely eliminate your Reddit account:
- To begin, log in to your Reddit account using the login credentials (username and password) of the account you wish to delete.
- Once the session has started, go to the “Preferences” tab.
- Next, look for the “Deactivate” tab on the right and click on this link.
- In the “delete” tab, you will find the Reddit account deletion form. You can leave a comment if you want to share with the team Reddit reason that pushes you to leave the site.
- Then ask again for your username for security reasons. Finally, select the confirmation box that indicates that this action is irreversible (deleted account not recoverable) and click on “Delete account“.
- A message says “Your account has been deleted, but you will not be judged for it.” Congratulations, you have to permanently close your Reddit account. Now it is officially removed from the community platform. The effect of the expulsion decision is immediate.
How to delete Reddit account on App
- Go to Reddit app by clicking on Reddit app icon.
- Log in to your profile.
- Click on your profile icon on top left corner. The menu will open.
- Click “Settings” on the bottom of the menu.
- Swipe the screen and click on “Help FAQ”.
- A search bar will appear. Type “Deactivate” in search bar, then click on “search button”.
- Now click on the title “How do I deactivate my account”. Now a post will appear.
- In the post, you will find “Click this link” in blue letter.
- Now you have to re-enter your username and password associated with reddit account to confirm you, you are the owner of that reddit account.
- Click on “Deactivate Account”
- Once again you enter your login details ( username and password ) to confirm your decision and click on “Deactivate”.
- At last, click on check box in front of “I understand that deactivated accounts are not recoverable”. Then click “Deactivate Account.
Now, you will be logged out of your reddit profile. And your Reddit account will be deleted permanently.
How to Delete Reddit Account on Mobile Phone
You can also delete your reddit account using mobile phone also. If you can’t deactivate your reddit account using Reddit app, you must use a web browser. Follow the below steps to delete reddit account on phone.
- Go to reddit official website by clicking here or enter “reddit.com” in your web browser.
- Tap “Log in/Register” available in the upper-right corner of the Reddit app.
- Enter your reddit account username and password. Then click on “Log in” button.
- Tap three horizontal lines icon ” ☰ “ in upper-right corner. The drop-down menu will appear.
- Select “Settings” on the drop down menu. It’s the fourth option in the drop down menu.
- Click on “Deactivate“. It’s the last tap at the top of the page.
- Now you may need to zoom your phone screen to properly read and tap the options in the menu. Enter your login credentials. This is confirmation form that you are the owner of the Reddit account you want to delete.
- Tap the check box and click on “Deactivate Account” button.
- Again you’ll need to confirm your choice, so click “Deactivate” button once again.
Above steps leads to deactivate reddit account permanently.
Also Read :
Delete Reddit Account on Link
This community site allows you to delete your account at any time through the unsubscribe form. However, you can save time and unsubscribe with a single click using the quick Reddit deletion link. With the removal of fast link, you will not have to navigate through the menu to access the Reddit online removal process .
To Deactivate with a single click, click on the Deactivate button below:
When you close your Reddit account , you will lose access to your account and it will be impossible for you to recover your account and username. In fact, Reddit administrators do not allow former community service users to recover their closed account or retrieve their username. In addition, all your favorite links will be lost.
I hope the post has been useful, and you have know about how to delete reddit account on app, how to delete reddit account on iphone, how to delete reddit account on android, how to delete reddit account and all posts.